Internal ID: Welder/Fabricator
Location: Tampa, FL
Reports To: CTTS Branch Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
External Application: Main Application
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Welder/Fabricator for Commercial Truck & Trailer Sales (CTTS) is responsible for maintaining company trucks, trailers, and tankers by inspection and welding repair and fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welding on steel, stainless steel and aluminum using mig and tig welders
- Will be required to do fabrication work
- Will be required to work in various shop temperature conditions
- Will be required to work in confined spaces (Going inside tanks to patch leaks)
- Mechanical/diesel experience not required but would be a PLUS
Additional duties as assigned.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years active welding work experience
- Semi-trailer repair and maintenance experience a plus.
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and MVR
Physically able to lift a minimum of 85lbs
Work outside in all weather conditions
DRIVER’S LICENSE REQUIRED:
Must have a current driver’s license and good driving record (CDL a plus).
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
Safety: We have a moral obligation to be safe in everything we do. Personal safety and wellness are our first and most important priorities.
Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards with all matters and relationships built upon honesty and trust.
People: People are our greatest asset. We will hire the best people, provide them ongoing training, development feedback, and empower them to achieve their potential.
Respect: We will treat our customers, employees, and partners and people with whom we meet with dignity, fairness, and respect.
Excellence: We will put forth our personal and professional best; committed to continuous improvement, we will strive to deliver superior service to our customers while seeking to set the performance standards in our industries.
CTTS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.