Job ID: 401300
Internal ID: Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Department: Comcar Industries
Employment Type: Full Time
End Date: 11-Dec-2024
External Application: Main Application
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Systems Engineer position at Comcar Industries, Inc is responsible for the design and support of critical infrastructure technologies including servers, storage, networks, cloud platforms, telephony and security. This position will ensure that the architecture meets the needs of the organization in the areas of cost, functionality and availability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to strategic plans to assure infrastructure meets current and future needs.
- Develop system documentation, procedures and policies related to infrastructure technologies.
- Establish and manage system priorities for maintenance, design and analysis of infrastructure systems including data protection, storage, compute and desktop systems.
- Research and provide appropriate recommendations to improve services, products, procedures and standards to support infrastructure procurement.
- Support all IT Disaster Recovery Strategies for organization.
Ensure appropriate security on network, infrastructure, servers and PCs are maintained.
- Define, administer and report monthly operational metrics that represent and illustrate the performance of the infrastructure systems.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Set and adhere to benchmarks in problem resolution and system uptime.
- Provide Tier 3 problem resolutions.
- Collaborate with managers to manage relationships with key technology vendors.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of IT systems, including networks, data centers, servers, PCs, operating systems and associated hardware.
Other duties as requested.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Advanced infrastructure technology knowledge: cloud solutions, virtualization, VoIP, MPLS.
- Strong application support experience with Microsoft Office, Active Directory and Microsoft operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Office 365 cloud solutions.
- Experience with VoIP phone systems and collaboration tools.
- Experience with hardware, networks (Cisco), server operating systems and storage.
- Project management skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple complex projects.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team-oriented and a desire to engage with others on day to day activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
5-10 years – supporting Networking systems including Cisco Routers, switches, WANs.
3-5 years – Security Engineering – providing support for the CIA triad.
3-5 years – Telecom – installing and managing VoIP systems.
5-10 years – Systems Management – Heavy support for Microsoft systems.
Technology certifications desired include: – CCNA, MCP, SSCP or pursuing certifications preferred. Additional Certifications are welcome and considered as part of experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, handle objects, reach with hands and arms, write, talk, type and hear. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, bend and/or kneel and lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. Office environment but may travel and/or visit warehouse or outdoor environment.
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
Safety: We have a moral obligation to be safe in everything we do. Personal safety and wellness are our first and most important priorities.
Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards with all matters and relationships built upon honesty and trust.
People: People are our greatest asset. We will hire the best people, provide them ongoing training, development feedback, and empower them to achieve their potential.
Respect: We will treat our customers, employees, and partners and people with whom we meet with dignity, fairness, and respect.
Excellence: We will put forth our personal and professional best; committed to continuous improvement, we will strive to deliver superior service to our customers while seeking to set the performance standards in our industries.
Comcar Industries, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.