POSITION TITLE: Logistics Broker
DEPARTMENT: Logistics & Sales
REPORTS TO: Director of Brokerage Operations
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL
FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Salaried + Bonus, Exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for generating net revenue from the tendering of loads to carriers contracted to Midwest Coast Logistics, order monitoring, entry of shipment status information, and pick up and delivery problem reporting and resolution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, Including, But Not Limited To:
- Add / Update order comments
- Communicate pickup and/or delivery problems to Broker(s) and/or customers.
- Create load orders in MCT computer system.
- Enter shipment status information (check calls, loaded calls, unloaded calls, reference number information).
- Monitor brokerage load status screens.
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments.
- Enter carrier information into Carrier Master screens.
- Responsible for ensuring that all appropriate vendor/carrier information is complete before any load is tendered to the carrier.
- This includes, but is not limited to, all insurance requirements.
- Broker overflow freight to contracted carriers.
- Develop a fleet of trucks to haul CT overflow freight on a dedicated basis.
- Assist, when needed, in all other areas of operations as requested by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have the adequate aptitude of computer usage skills.
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and apply information relating to shipment status, and pick up and delivery appointments.
- Must have the ability to positively respond to and interact with other company personnel, customers and the general public in daily operations.
- Must be able to meet any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent; or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Must travel occasionally or as required
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- This position may require to travel as needed
Comcar Industries, Inc., and its’ wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply for this job please visit Comcar.applicantpool.com.