Job ID: 401296
Internal ID: License & Permit Manager
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Department: Comcar Industries
Employment Type: Full Time
End Date: 11-Dec-2024
External Application: Main Application
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Comcar Industries, Inc is seeking an experienced License and Permit Manager to join its team. The License and Permit Manager is responsible for administering and processing all licensing, permitting, and highway pass programs related to Comcar’s fleet of trucks and trailers. The position will report to the VP of Purchasing and Fleet Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain all applicable licensing and permits for operating assets.
- Planning and executing annual renewals for all assets.
- Frequent problem solving to ensure assets are ready to move freight.
- Ordering and issuing license plates for tractors and trailers in multiple states.
- Responsible for managing the highway use tax payments for assets.
- Responsible for on time and accurate reporting to the accounting department.
- Fuel tax reporting and compliance.
- Managing toll pass and weigh station device programs including necessary reporting to accounting.
- Frequent communication via phone and email with field locations.
- Create and develop KPI’s to track progress.
- Other duties as requested.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to five years of experience in warranty claims for truck and trailer fleet; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems, strategically budget, and demonstrate learning agility.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient using Microsoft Office.
- The applicant selected for this position will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position. Background check may include the following: Credit History, Criminal History, Driver License Record History, Education Credentials, Employment History, Reference Checks and Professional License or Certification review relevant to the position.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning – The ability to forecast, plan and execute to meet deadlines.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on collegiality; maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; proper spelling and grammar.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, handle objects, reach with hands and arms, write, talk, type and hear. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, bend and/or kneel and lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. Office environment but may travel and/or visit warehouse or outdoor environment.
ANTICIPATED PERCENT OF TRAVEL:
0% – 25%
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
Safety: We have a moral obligation to be safe in everything we do. Personal safety and wellness are our first and most important priorities.
Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards with all matters and relationships built upon honesty and trust.
People: People are our greatest asset. We will hire the best people, provide them ongoing training, development feedback, and empower them to achieve their potential.
Respect: We will treat our customers, employees, and partners and people with whom we meet with dignity, fairness, and respect.
Excellence: We will put forth our personal and professional best; committed to continuous improvement, we will strive to deliver superior service to our customers while seeking to set the performance standards in our industries.
Comcar Industries, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.