POSITION TITLE: Service Writer
DEPARTMENT: Fleet Maintenance Services, LLC (“FMS”)
REPORTS TO: Zella Heyward
LOCATION: FMS Shop in Savannah, GA
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Service Writer’s primary function is to assist drivers and to input data into TMT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open the FMS shop daily.
- Ensure all bay doors are operational and open.
- Ensure all equipment is operational.
- Greet drivers at the service desk.
- Ensure proper documentation of repair units, including but not limited to, the intake of all written complaints regarding the units and the correct notation of each unit’s mileage.
- Supply parts to drivers such as bulbs, wipers, etc.
- Ensure parts are charged out to the proper unit.
- Prepare detailed, accurate, and complete service orders for units to be sent to dealers for repair or maintenance.
- Complete detailed and accurate daily service requests on units.
- Ensure the accuracy of RO prior to closing each day.
- Close the FMS shop and ensure all shop equipment is turned off.
Additional duties as assigned.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum one-year experience working in a shop.
- Knowledge of mechanic parts.
- Able to communicate well, including excellent, written and verbal professional skills.
- Knowledge of data entry and computers.
- Prior customer service experience.
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
Safety: We have a moral obligation to be safe in everything we do. Personal safety and wellness are our first and most important priorities.
Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards with all matters and relationships built upon honesty and trust.
People: People are our greatest asset. We will hire the best people, provide them ongoing training, development feedback, and empower them to achieve their potential.
Respect: We will treat our customers, employees, and partners and people with whom we meet with dignity, fairness, and respect.
Excellence: We will put forth our personal and professional best; committed to continuous improvement, we will strive to deliver superior service to our customers while seeking to set the performance standards in our industries.
FMS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.