Job ID: 397874
Internal ID: FMS Fleet Warranty & Maintenance Specialist
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Department: Fleet Maintenance Services LLC
Employment Type: Full Time
External Application: Main Application
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Fleet Maintenance Services (FMS) is seeking an experienced Fleet Warranty & Maintenance Specialist to join its team. The Fleet Warranty & Maintenance Specialist is responsible for administering and processing all fleet warranty claims including managing fleet maintenance software, processes, and inventory control for all company locations. This position will report to the VP of Purchasing and Fleet Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build master warranty file for each piece of equipment and aftermarket part within TMT system.
- Process and track all warranty claims.
- Complete all documents required to process warranty claims, forward to manufacturer/supplier, and follow up until completed.
- Ensure claims maximize the amount of money/credit entitled to the company per the applicable contract and warranty.
- Obtain prompt credit or payment of all claims.
- Communicate as required with the accounting group to ensure proper reporting of claims.
- Train maintenance personnel on warranty provisions and changes.
- Ensure defective parts are returned promptly to maximize claims and credits.
- Monitoring and reporting on preset KPI’s.
- Create and develop additional KPI’s for the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to five years of experience in warranty claims for truck and trailer fleet; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively negotiate.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems, strategically budget, and demonstrate learning agility.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient using TMT or a similar system, knowledge of Internet software, and Microsoft Office.
The applicant selected for this position will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position. (Background check may include the following: Credit History, Criminal History, Driver License Record History, Education Credentials, Employment History, Reference Checks and Professional License or Certification review relevant to the position.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Budgeting – Adequate, organized, and reliable budgeting system.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on collegiality; maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; proper spelling and grammar.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, handle objects, reach with hands and arms, write, talk, type and hear. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, bend and/or kneel and lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. Office environment but may travel and/or visit warehouse or outdoor environment.
ANTICIPATED PERCENT OF TRAVEL:
0% – 25%
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
Safety: We have a moral obligation to be safe in everything we do. Personal safety and wellness are our first and most important priorities.
Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards with all matters and relationships built upon honesty and trust.
People: People are our greatest asset. We will hire the best people, provide them ongoing training, development feedback, and empower them to achieve their potential.
Respect: We will treat our customers, employees, and partners and people with whom we meet with dignity, fairness, and respect.
Excellence: We will put forth our personal and professional best; committed to continuous improvement, we will strive to deliver superior service to our customers while seeking to set the performance standards in our industries.