Job ID: 400810
Internal ID: Executive Assistant
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Department: Comcar Industries
Employment Type: Full Time
End Date: 10-Dec-2024
External Application: Main
Application Indeed: Current
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Company’s Senior Leadership Team by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. While the position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will also support the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of IT, and Vice President/Corporate Counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides wide range of complex office administration and support to the executive staff;
- Manages complex calendars, arranges for meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements;
- Coordinates events, including, but not limited to, conferences, trainings, meetings;
- Assists in the preparation of presentations;
- Attends meetings for the purposes of taking meeting minutes and follow up on key takeaways;
- Answers and routes phones calls, mail, and e-mail messages, and may handle wide-range information dissemination;
- Composes and prepares correspondence and/or documentation that may be confidential;
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems;
- Files and retrieves corporate documents, records and reports;
- Provides a bridge of smooth communication between the executive staff and internal departments;
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables as assigned with a hands-on approach; and
- May perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Associate degree or Bachelor degree; or a minimum of three to five years of administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook Work, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and similar programs;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent time managements skills;
- Emotional maturity;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service/response.
The applicant selected for this position will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position. (Background check may include the following: Credit History, Criminal History, Driver License Record History, Education Credentials, Employment History, Reference Checks and Professional License or Certification review relevant to the position.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; proper spelling and grammar.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, handle objects, reach with hands and arms, write, talk, type and hear. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, bend and/or kneel and lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
ANTICIPATED PERCENT OF TRAVEL:
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
Safety: We have a moral obligation to be safe in everything we do. Personal safety and wellness are our first and most important priorities.
Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards with all matters and relationships built upon honesty and trust.
People: People are our greatest asset. We will hire the best people, provide them ongoing training, development feedback, and empower them to achieve their potential.
Respect: We will treat our customers, employees, and partners and people with whom we meet with dignity, fairness, and respect.
Excellence: We will put forth our personal and professional best; committed to continuous improvement, we will strive to deliver superior service to our customers while seeking to set the performance standards in our industries.
Comcar Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.