POSITION TITLE: Driver Manager
REPORTS TO: Terminal Manager
LOCATION: Brooksville, FL
- FUNCTIONAL NARRATIVE:
Responsible and Accountable for maximizing the utilization of equipment and human resources to achieve customer service and business cost objectives. Accountable to manage and provide leadership to driver associates following applicable Local, State, Federal Laws and company policies and procedures.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, Including, But Not Limited To:
- Accountable to communicate assignments and schedules to driver associates while evaluating such factors as driver qualifications, product knowledge and training, equipment knowledge and training, hours of service, fatigue, PPE, and grooming.
- Accountable for maximizing total utilization of equipment and human resources while evaluating preventative equipment maintenance schedules, vacation schedules, and daily driver associate capacity.
- Accountable for managing and addressing driver associate training and re-training including daily performance issues as well as performing performance evaluations designed to communicate expectations.
- Accountable to perform periodic reviews of driver safety performance including pre and post trips, inter-plant safety, and equipment inspections.
- Accountable to receive and document initial accident/incident and injury reporting to include assisting with the preparation of the root cause investigation for each.
- Accountable to maintain radio reporting of immediate and urgent items for driver associates.
- Accountable to assist in preparation and the presentation of driver associate safety meetings.
- Accountable to work with and communicate with all customers and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accountable to work with others in a supervisory capacity in order to achieve terminal operating objectives.
- KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Developed supervisory skills to include decision making, addressing performance issues, and accepting accountability of meeting terminal specific operating objectives
- Excellent organizational skills. Position requires being involved in and handling multiple tasks at once. Coordinate activities with respect to final deadlines
- Computer system experience with the Internet and Microsoft Office Suite. TMW a plus
- Willing to understand and support change, as it relates to processes, structure and business modeling: Transportation customer service and freight brokering experience a plus
- Positive attitude and well-groomed professional appearance
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be a self-starter, creative thinker and problem solver
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Maintain current/up to date knowledge of DOT regulations
- PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- The Driver Manager is accountable to the Terminal Manager. The Driver Manager will work with all coworkers in a professional manner as he/she carries out their functional responsibilities. The Driver Manager serves as the immediate supervisor to each driver associate.
Job Type: Full-time
Comcar Industries, Inc., and its’ wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).