Job ID: 403375
Internal ID: CTTS Trailer Technician
Location: Tampa, FL
Department: Commercial Truck & Trailer Sales
Employment Type: Full Time
End Date: 18-Dec-2024
External Application: Main Application
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Trailer Technician for Commercial Truck & Trailer Sales, Inc. (“CTTS”) will be responsible for preventive maintenance on box, flat, and tank trailers. The Trailer Technician will perform general repairs to electrical/lighting systems, suspension, bumper, abs/foundation brakes, S-Cam replacement, wheel ends, air systems to include an automatic tire inflation system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Properly diagnose electrical, suspension, ABS issues, air leaks, and other mechanical failures and make necessary repairs.
- Repair lighting or electrical system issues.
- Perform wheel-end inspection and maintenance.
- Perform brake shoe replacements.
- Perform general repairs, including, but not limited, to trailer roof and/or body, door repairs/replacement, and scuff rails.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Understand how to safely use jacks and stands.
- Understand how to use a torque wrench.
- Understand how to use a dial indicator.
- Understand how to check and adjust trailer alignment.
- Understand how to measure brake stroke.
- Understand how to identify irregular tire wear.
- Understand how to safely use power and air tools, grinders, torch, air chisel, etc.
- Understand how to use an air and hand rivet gun.
- Understand how to test pop-off valves on pneumatic, and chemical tanks.
- Understand how to use a multimeter.
- Must have confined space training.
- Should be able to weld with a meg, tig and stick welder.
- On the job training as a trailer technician (2 to 3 years minimum).
- Able to read and interpret instructions.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Understand basic math.
- Air System certification.
- Brake certification.
- Annual Federal Inspector certification.
- Federal Brake Inspector certification.
- Full set of hand tools both standard and metric as well as air tools.
- Complete roll around toll box – top and bottom sets.
- Torque wrench.
- Physically able to lift a minimum of 85lbs.
- Frequently climb ladders.
- Work on ladders, staging and stand for long periods of time.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
DRIVER’S LICENSE REQUIRED:
- Must have a current driver’s license and a good driving record.
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
Safety: We have a moral obligation to be safe in everything we do. Personal safety and wellness are our first and most important priorities.
Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards with all matters and relationships built upon honesty and trust.
People: People are our greatest asset. We will hire the best people, provide them ongoing training, development feedback, and empower them to achieve their potential.
Respect: We will treat our customers, employees, and partners and people with whom we meet with dignity, fairness, and respect.
Excellence: We will put forth our personal and professional best; committed to continuous improvement, we will strive to deliver superior service to our customers while seeking to set the performance standards in our industries.
CTTS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.